Ghanaians have begun an online petition to the General Legal Council (GLC) against its decision not to call Ghanaian YouTuber, Elorm Ababio, popularly known as Ama Governor, to the bar this Friday despite her successful completion of her law program.
Elorm Ababio received a letter from the Secretary to the General Legal Council informing her of the decision not to call her to the bar.
The decision by the GLC was taken after a complaint was received from a “concerned citizen” alleging that she ‘lacks good character.’
Barely a few days after, an online petition circulating on Twitter has already generated 8,982 signatures out of the 9,000 targeted.
JUSTICE FOR AMA GOVERNOR | SumOfUs Petitions https://t.co/79At1SGid5— Kwadwo Sheldon (@kwadwosheldon) November 9, 2022
Ama Governor: Less than 1000 signatures to go pic.twitter.com/PXmNIUzNXh— BIG k (@kofighozt) November 9, 2022
Justice for Ama Governor— Marreka Ⓜ️ (@Ebenezer_Peegah) November 9, 2022
I just signed this important petition. Please add your voice too, and share it with everyone: https://t.co/jewmWIdV6o
JoyNews Sources say the General Legal Council has constituted a three-member committee to investigate the complaint against her.
Her call to the bar has meanwhile been put on hold pending the outcome of the investigation.
- Don’t jail me if I fail to pay GH₵20m in April – Ato Essien appeals
- Individual bondholders to be exempted from debt exchange programme – Martin Kpebu
- Debt Exchange programme: Individual bondholders who refuse to participate will face no punitive action – Senyo Hosi
- NDC impasse confirms long-held rivalry between Mahama and Haruna Iddrisu – Sylvester Tetteh
- Apple users with certain old iPhone, iPad devices should install this security update
- It is possible to conclude Debt Exchange Programme without individual bondholders – Economist
- Fire destroys 3 houses, five vehicles at Kwadaso
- Abubakar Malik Atampuri: A detailed analysis of why Dr. Kuganab-Lem lost the Binduri seat to the NPP
- Minority Leadership Change: We will address conflict – NDC Council of Elders
- Debt Exchange engagements should have started earlier – Sylvester Tetteh
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Konongo-Odumasi SHS launches 70th anniversary
- When you silence one journalist, you silence dozens of voices – Portia Gabor
- Bright Simons: Is this the beginning of the end of Ghana’s fiscal crisis?
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA
- Over 4,000 Burkinabes seek asylum in Bawku West District
- Let’s work with a sense of urgency to guarantee economic security and prosperity – Akufo-Addo
- Mohammed Kudus wins big at 47th SWAG Awards gala
- CHAN 2022: Black Galaxies suffer shock exit after Niger defeat
- Analysis: Ghana’s GDP growth for 2022 lags behind other African countries – AfDB
- We need to strengthen institutions and governance systems – Dr. Theo Acheampong
- Ghana’s balance of payments deficit worsens to $3.64 billion
- Mr. Samuel Nii Dodoo
- Catholic Diocese of Jasikan, GIISDEC to promote sustainable iron ore exploration in Oti