Rapper Amerado says rumours that he was in a romantic relationship with media personality Delay was one of his highlights for 2021.
According to him, sharing in the headlines withDeloris Frimpong Manso was an interesting time for him.
Earlier this month, the TV presenter and media personality denied speculations that she is in a relationship with the rapper.
In a post on Twitter, she clarified that they are just friends.
However, this did not deter Twitter users from speculating further.
Speaking in an interview with JoyEntertainment’s Becky, Amerado neither confirmed nor denied the rumour but asked Ghanaians to keep guessing.
“The fact that I had a monster hit, that is one thing I was looking out for this year and the fact that people think I am dating Delay, it gives me some form of confidence, some form of huge relevance. It is show business, and I call something ‘destructive sampling’.”
“People should just keep waiting and guessing because it is not what they are thinking, but I do not want to talk about being specific on the fact that Delay is a girlfriend or a friend. We all know she is trying to help a brand, trying to support my craft as well, so it is what it is,” he explained.
“Whatever I say will not change the perception of the people. So they should keep guessing, and they should pray for me that I would be that kind of rapper that will hold after the legends are gone.”
Amerado further said he is grateful to his fans for their support this year.
“This year has been amazing, and I thank the fans so much for holding it down for me. I was telling my manager this has been my best year. I cannot be thankful enough to the fans and God as well.”
“When I sit down and access myself, dropping a couple of songs, freestyles, ‘Monster Hit’ with Black Sheriff, going on Tim Westwood TV, having beef, and still staying relevant, and having the number one EP in the country, it sums up the kind of work I did, and I am very appreciative to them,” he added.
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Ghana records $4.7bn in remittances in 2022, maintains 2nd position in Africa
- Prospective teacher trainees to write entrance exams from 2023
- Pension funds will not collapse under debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- Spiritualist, 2 others arrested in connection with robbery at Awutu Bereku
- Debt Exchange: Liquidity buffer provided to support institutions that may face difficulty – John Kumah
- Fudaila emerges winner of Big Chef Season 2
- Fish prices to go up over premix fuel scarcity – Deputy Volta Chief Fisher
- Treasury bills exempted from debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- QNET launches Direct Selling Disinformation Centre
- Trading of all Soya beans must pass through Ghana Commodity Exchange – Commodity Brokers Association
- CWEIC Deputy Chairman advocates deliberate intra-trade among member countries
- Ghana invites eligible holders to exchange ₵137.3 billion of domestic notes and bonds
- Ghana needs a new crop of patriotic leaders to restore its glory – Fiifi Fiavi Kwetey
- Target children and not adolescents for typhoid vaccination – Dr. Nsiah Asare urges scientists
- 10th edition of Tech in Ghana conference ends in Accra
- Bitcoin Technology Center opens to educate local community in Ghana