The Council of Elders of Gomoa Fetteh in the Central Region are urging the Lands Commission and the government especially, to intervene in what they describe as illegal acquisition of 30,000 acres of their land by an individual to avert a possible blood bath in the township.
The elders say they cannot allow one person to take away what is “rightfully theirs”.
According to Joy FM’s Richard Kojo Nyarko, one Kofi Asmah is purported to have negotiated with the then chief of Gomoa Fetteh, Nana Abro Awusi XIX, for 30,000 acres of land at Budumburam for real estate development.
But documents available indicate that, Kofi Asmah did not pay anything to the said chief who died in 1998.
The youth, however, wants something to be done as soon as possible for sanity to prevail because they do not understand why one person should have monopoly and power over all their lands.
The council of elders say, Kofi Asmah has managed to appropriate tracts of Gomoa Fetteh Stool Lands to himself and his several companies.
They also accuse him of using the resources at his disposal to deprive them of their lands and therefore their livelihoods in future.
In furtherance of this, the Council of Elders and the current chief of Gomoa Fetteh are appealing to government to intervene in the dispute to reduce tension in the area.
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- DDEP: Individual bondholders with old bonds will struggle to sell – John Kumah insists
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- GoldFields, Kosmos dispute tax bills imposed by GRA
- PAC laments forgery, willful backdating of receipts by some state institutions
- King Charles will not appear on new Australia $5 note
- “It should not take IMF to direct government not to borrow from BoG” – IEA Research Director
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Joy Entertainment Unpacking: FIPAG President’s apology letter on behalf of Yaw Dabo
- No Pensions Ministry has been created – Employment and Labour Ministry
- Tommy Liang: Boosting career readiness of Ghanaian youth in ICT
- Chiana-Paga constituents believe Francis Abirigo is the biblical Moses of the constituency
- Accra Marine Drive Project engages Parliamentary Select C’tte on Trade, Industry and Tourism
- Uganda murder charges after fight between Arsenal and Manchester City fans
- Cedi continues stability against dollar; $1 equals ¢12.60
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Criticisms don’t overwhelm me – Education Minister
- Education Ministry is open to receiving philanthropic support – Dr Adutwum