A 37-year-old mason is in the grips of the police for killing and dumping his ex-girlfriend in a bush at Gomoa Nkwantanan in the Central Region.
This was after police discovered the decomposing body of Mary Tetteh on Thursday afternoon after two days of search.
According to Joy News’ Maxwell Agbagba, it was a sorrowful scene as a family member who accompanied the police to identify the body, evoked the spirit of the deceased to deal with her killer.
The station officer of Awutu Breku said a man reported to them that his girlfriend has gone missing for two days.
“While looking for her yesterday [Wednesday], we had information that one Isaac Bonney, her former boyfriend, was the one who murdered her.
“We had him arrested and he confessed to killing her so we came to the scene, combed the whole area and later found the body in the bush,” he said.
Bonney told them the chilling details of how he murdered Mary in her house and carried her body to dump in the nearby bush.
According to the police officer, they struggled to locate the body because Bonney was initially hesitant to show them where he dumped the body.
Mary’s new boyfriend was inconsolable as he watched the police convey the body to the mortuary with his rival in handcuffs.
He told the reporter he saw bloodstains on the deceased’s compound the day she got missing and he reported the case.
“Last week he stalked Mary from church and started fighting with her. A friend came to her aid and took her house to pass the night. The next day I went over and brought her home.
“She explained to me that Bonney is after her and threatening her,” he said.
Bonney bolted after killing Mary and later confided in his friend who under the guise of helping him conceal the crime, lured the suspect and alerted the police who arrested him.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
- Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
- #FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Livestream: Finance Minister addresses nation amidst #FixTheCountry protest
South Sudan’s president dissolves Parliament
Akufo-Addo is fixing the country’s challenges better – Kojo Opoku
Let’s jealously defend the Constitution – NCCE
Prof Sitsofe Enyonam Anku
Angry Ghanaian youth take #FixTheCountry protests to social media after court injunction
Mothers’ Day message from First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
GAF appeals for support for 37 Military Hospital
#FixTheCountry convener’s claim of phone cloning false and baseless – Oppong Nkrumah
#FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison