Accra Hearts of Oak head coach Kosta Papic has deservedly been adjudged as the best coach for matchday 5 of the Ghana Premier League by Joy Sports.
The Serbian coach, who was on the touchline for the first time this season guided the Phobians to an emphatic 3-0 triumph over Dreams FC at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Prior to his arrival, Hearts of Oak were faltering as they had drawn twice (2-2 against AshantiGold and 0-0 with Karela Utd) and lost 1-0 to Inter Allies thanks to a thunderbolt by Richmond Lamptey.
However, Papic, after just a match, has been able to galvanize the team with intense training sessions and apt selection of the lineup and it paid off.
He deployed a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Abdul Aziz Nurudeen who made his first appearance this season at the base of it. In front of him were Michelle Sarpong and Botchway.
Nigerien Mamane Lawali was at the tip spearheaded by a front two of Patrick Razak and the towering Kojo Obeng Jnr who scored his third goal of the season.
Hearts attacked with an irrepressible zeal as Razak and Obeng Jnr were invariably in the half of the opponent and the surging runs of Manaf and Sarpong made the life of Dreams very difficult.
There is still work to be done but surely three points, three goals scored and a clean sheet means Kosta Papic is on course.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta