The Commissioner General of the Ghana Revenue Authority, Amishaddai Owusu Amoah, has expressed confidence that the smooth process of the ongoing covid 19 vaccination campaign will trigger a positive rebound of the economy.
This he believes will stimulate business growth and lead to revenue mobilization.
The Commissioner General was speaking to Joybusiness after he took his vaccination jab at the head office of the GRA in Accra.
He therefore used the opportunity to urge the business community to avail themselves for the exercise since the process is open for all.
The Ghana Revenue Authority was forced to revise its revenue target for last year due to the outbreak of the coronavirus which affected many businesses in the country.
About three hundred staff of the GRA are expected to receive the vaccination each day until the end of the first phase.
“Definitely we expected that there would be some recovery in business and a rebound of activities in the country. We are positive that although too early, at least by the end of the first quarter the impact will start coming in and we will report something good” he said.
On his part, Commissioner of Customs Col. Kwadjo Damoah (rtd) called on all stakeholders at the ports to collaborate with the authorities to get all persons vaccinated to avoid any outbreak.
The Commissioner General, and other senior members of the authority also took the opportunity to get vaccinated and encouraged all their staff to do same.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group