Wouter Kellerman, Zakes Bantwini and Nomcebo Zikode’s ‘Bayethe’ has won the Best Global Performance award at the 65th Grammy Awards, beating off competition from artistes including Ghana’s Rocky Dawuni.
Other nominees include ‘Udhero Na’ by Arooj Aftab and Anoushka Shankar ‘Gimme Love’ by Matt B and Eddy Kenzo and Last Last’ by Burna Boy.
The song that earned Rocky Dawuni the nomination was ‘Neva Bow Down’ which features Blvk H3ro. It was released on September 22, 2022.
Last year, Rocky Dawuni’s ‘Voice of Bunbon Vol. 1’ album also got a nomination in the Best Global Music Album category.
This comes after his sixth studio album, ‘Branches of The Same Tree’ was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album in December 2015.
That was his first entry into the prestigious award scheme.
Rocky Dawuni is a Ghanaian singer, musician who performs Afro Roots, a sound that comprises Reggae, Afrobeat, Highlife and Soul music.
Apart from gaining international recognition with his music, Rocky Dawuni is also known for his humanitarian work with the United Nations. He is the Regional UN Goodwill Ambassador.
He has songs like ‘In Ghana’, ‘Jammin Nation’, ‘Jerusalem’, ‘Akwaaba’, among others.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- NDC stands a little chance higher than NPP in Assin North by-election – Dr Asah-Asante
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development
- ‘Potholemics’: The economics of potholes
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- JoyNews kickstarts ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- ‘Don’t make things difficult for us’ – Magistrate tells family of woman allegedly murdered by policeman
- CHASS expresses concern about abuse of PTA funds
- Indigenous knowledge vital in preserving biodiversity – Educationist
- 4,000 Amansie West residents now on NHIS
- ‘I’m working hard to get back’ – Tariq Lamptey on latest Black Stars absence
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese