GUBA Awards will be hosting a two-day Expo at the Charlton Athletic Football Club, London, on Friday November 7 and Saturday November 8, 2014.
The Expo will be taking place from 9am to 6pm on both days.
The expo will be a business focused event aiming to equip businesses with the knowledge and insights on procurement standards and supply procedures to major multinational companies in the UK.
It will be a platform for buyers to connect with potential suppliers and offers investment prospects for attendees.
The objective of the GUBA Expo is to increase trade between the UK and Africa, to increase the economic opportunities for Africa and the UK.
The focus will be centered on connecting small and medium-sized African businesses (SMBs) seeking to establish their products in the British mainstream market.
These SMBs will gain access to industry experts who will share knowledge and advice on achieving industry-set benchmarks.
The event will also feature exhibitions, networking and invaluable workshops led by industry experts.
The current prominence of African inspired products on the British market makes it imperative for SMBs to market and promote products effectively.
Major retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s and ASOS have demonstrated their interest in African SMBs by stocking products from various countries on the continent. The GUBA Expo aims to bridge the gap between production and procurement for SMBs, and hopes to facilitate a profitable relationship.
The first day of the GUBA Expo will be an opportunity for attendees to benefit from the informative workshops. Experts from various companies will speak on areas such as: Business Planning, Going Global on a Budget, How to Pitch & win Contracts, Expand your Brand with Social Media, Branding & Packaging, Tax, Exports and Imports. Attendees and registered exhibitors will get to partake in Q&A sessions alongside these workshops.
The second day of the expo will be a showcase of the products on offer by the registered exhibitors. Products on offer and presented for sale on the day will include: Clothes and Accessories, Furniture, Cosmetics, Food & Beverages and many more. Procurement experts and wholesale buyers from major outlets will also sample products, interact and provide advice.
Several dignitaries and business experts have confirmed attendance to the GUBA Expo.
Among them are Ghana's Minister for Tourism, Cultureand Creative Arts Ghana, Elizabeth Ofosu-Adjare, MP for Greenwich & Woolwich, Nick Raynsford, Representatives from Barclays Bank and several others.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s Efforts to Restore Debt Sustainability – IMF to Bilateral Creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Be Cautious in Making Financial Decisions in Times of Uncertainty – SIMS
- 23 KNUST newly-qualified veterinary doctors inducted
- Partnerships – main driver behind mobile money success in Ghana – Eric Nsarkoh
- “His first goal will boost his confidence” – Asamoah Gyan backs Inaki Williams to flourish
- NYA trains 40 students in vocational skills in Western North
- KATH begins home delivery of drugs to chronic but stable patients
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister