The Roads and Highways Ministry, through the Ghana Highways Authority has announced the disruption to the flow of vehicular traffic on sections of the N1 highway and some Urban roads at Darkuman.
It said from Saturday, September 11, to Thursday, September 30, traffic flow will be disrupted between 8 am to 5 pm.
According to the Ministry, this is to enable the Ghana Grid Company (GRIDco) to undertake the stringing of transmission line conductors across the N1 and some areas in Darkuman.
A statement issued and signed by Christian Nti, Acting Chief Executive of the Authority advised, “motorists to follow the traffic diversion signs to be placed at the various sections across the George Walker Bush Highway and some Urban Roads within Darkuman.”
The statement also urged the public to contact the Corporate Affairs Department of GRIDco or the Public Affairs Division of the Ghana Highway Authority for any clarification.
It apologised for any inconvenience caused.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- 14-yrs after former IGP Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife