The Member of Parliament for Ho Central, Benjamin Kpodo, has advocated for a stakeholder approach to rehabilitate the Ho Sports Stadium.
The sporting facility has one of three standard football pitches in the Volta and Oti Regions. It however, cannot host a match after 15 minutes of rainfall due to its poor state.
“After the Vora Sporting Club match, the rain set in, as you can see the pitch is already flooded, I don’t know what will happened to the next match” said Mr. Kpodo when he attended a day two fixture of the ongoing Volta Division Two Middle League.
He entreated the Regional Football Association to lead to engage all stakeholders to deliberate on a complete overhaul of the stadium, to a befitting status.
He acknowledged the development of football in the region and hence questioned the decision to invest resources into the construction of a new sporting facility, in Adaklu, instead of rehabilitating the existing one.
He threw his support behind Vora Sporting Club and promised a cash donation to help administer affairs of the team in the ongoing Division Two Middle League.
Vora SC tops Group A with 3 points, after beating Roberto FC in the day two fixture.
Young Desert Warriors occupies the second position with 3 points. Their game against third-placed Agbogba FC was rained off, and rescheduled for Thursday 30th June 2022 at 9 am at the Ho Sports Stadium.
The defeat to Roberto FC saw them off from the league, as it lies bottom of the table with 1 point and a match at hand.
Rangers FC are leading Group B with 3 points and two goals. They trashed Sharp FC in their group opener, while Kickers FC clinched all 3 points in their encounter with Trinity Stars.
The match day two for the group is slated for Thursday 30th June 2022 at 1 pm and 3 pm at the Ho Sports Stadium.
- Entrance exam saga: Your desire to be a lawyer doesn’t mean you have to become one – GBA President
- Organisers of ‘Aduru wo so’ walk caution Nana B against suspending Alan Kyerematen
- U20 Women’s World Cup: Ghana play Japan today in likely do-or-die mission
- Labianca case: GRA dissociates itself from Col. Damoah’s comments against Special Prosecutor
- List of Special Prosecutor’s ongoing investigations into alleged corruption
- Former Ashanti Regional Minister, Samuel Nuamah is dead
- GLC barring re-marking justified, argument against directive only emotional – GBA President
- Adorye’s statement is a mockery; we must condemn it – Farouk Aliu Mahama
- NPP flagbearership race: ‘The grassroots are yearning for Alan Kyerematen’ – Hopeson Adorye
- Sam George and wife renew vows after 10 years of marriage
This electricity tarrif is for hairdressers and vulcanisers – PURC boss on 27.15% increment
Sack Ofori-Atta, Agyemang Manu, Afriyie-Akoto – Kufuor Foundation CEO tells Akufo-Addo
Labianca case: ‘We’ll deal with anyone found culpable’ – GRA
Reduce number of ministers to 40 and save ¢6bn each year – IMANI Africa to government
Full text: Utility tariff increments announced by PURC
Free SHS: ‘Allow parents who are capable of paying to do so’ – Presbyterian Church to government
ECG begins repair works on transformers in Yilo and Manya Krobo municipalities
Electricity, water tariffs increased by 27.15%, 21.55% respectively; effective September 1
We’re committed to making Ghana safer – IGP reiterates as he receives new motorbikes
Let’s meet on stage – Mummy Dolarz challenges Big Ivy
Afrochella co-founder steps down following sexual harassment allegations
Cedi loses about ¢3.15 to dollar so far in 2022
Security agencies to permanently patrol river bodies to fight galamsey
Sam George and wife renew vows after 10 years of marriage
ADB to remain agric focused bank – Board Chairman