ave you ever wondered if there was a way to send a public message privately in WhatsApp without having to share it with all your contacts and just forward it to a select group of people?
Well, WhatsApp offers you a feature which is relatively unknown and through which you can ask something to some of your friends without having to spend time doing so by messaging them separately.
This means that you can share a message by creating a reduced list of contacts through your WhatsApp application either on iOS or on Android.
The steps are quite straightforward, but they are a bit different for iOS and Android users, so we will explain the whole process, one which will take you just a few seconds, in two parts.
How can iOS users send a public message privately in WhatsApp?
To send a public message privately in WhatsApp via your iOS device you should just:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your iOS device
- Go to Chats
- Then, tap on Broadcast Lists
- There, you will be given the option to create a new list by selecting ‘New list’
- Then, all you have to do is to add the contacts to which you want to send your message and share it with them
How can Android users send a public message privately in WhatsApp?
To send a public message privately in WhatsApp via your Android device you should just:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your Android device
- Go to the three-dot Menu which is located at the right top corner of your screen and just next to the search icon
- Then, select the option ‘New Broadcast’
- Now, you can search for your friends to whom you are willing to send the message and type the message that you want to share with them
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69