Singer Mzbel has revealed she almost took her own life after her nude photos were leaked online in 2012.
In an interview on Accra FM she expressed her frustrations, fears and worry at that time, not being as experienced in the industry as she is now.
“I had nightmares, I didn’t know what to do…I almost killed myself,” Mzbel said.
The singer turned entrepreneur denied being the source of the leak as had been suspected.
According to her, the picture from a photoshoot done for a cosmetic company called Vitfee.
It was agreed that the team at the company would to cover the vital parts of her body with their products for the advertisement.
However, a journalist who had been instructed to take a picture from her laptop for a story downloaded the folder with her nude photos and leaked them, Mzbel explained.
The ‘Obaa’ singer said she is not as bothered by the photos now like she used to be.
She stated that “worse things” are being done now than just releasing nude photos.
Mzbel added she is glad she did not take her own life at the time but instead, learnt to deal with the attention the photos came with.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams