Audio By Carbonatix
The Executive Director of the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA), Sulemana Braimah, has expressed his outrage and disbelief at the actions of those who abandoned a patient in the Gomoa Ojobi area.
In an interview on JoyNews’ Newsfile on June 15, Braimah condemned the incident, questioning the mental state of the individuals involved.
He described the situation as "bizarre and unimaginable", indicating that such behavior suggests a severe lack of conscience and normalcy.
"I doubt whether the people who did this are normal," he told host, Samson Lardy Anyenini.
This reaction came in response to reports from June 12, which revealed that a woman, with both legs in P.O.P and wrapped in a cloth, was found abandoned in a bush near Gomoa Ojobi.
Eyewitnesses claimed that the woman had been left there by an ambulance from the Trauma and Specialist Hospital in Winneba.
Mr Braimah suggested that the individuals responsible for abandoning the patient should undergo a thorough psychological examination to ascertain their mental state.
He speculated that their abnormal actions might stem from their mental abnormalities.
Furthermore, Braimah called for an immediate investigation into the incident and urged the media to maintain pressure on the issue.
The Health Minister, Dr. Bernard Okoe Boye, has formed a committee to investigate the case, with a mandate to report its findings within 30 days.
Read also: Why do we need 30 days to identify who dumped patient in the bush? – Mary Addah
However, the Executive Director of the Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII), Mary Awelana Addah, has criticised this timeframe, arguing that the evidence and accounts available should allow for a quicker resolution.
She expressed concern that delays in justice perpetuate a culture of impunity, enabling inhumane acts to continue without accountability.
"In this case, 30 days to what? Everything attests to what has been done. There is evidence to show that wrong has been done and certainly, those who have done the wrong are known. So why do we need 30 days to establish these facts which have already been established?"
"It is through these we continue to see impunity thrive, it is through this we continue to let people go and when people continue to go scot-free for doing such wrong and such inhumane acts, then people are emboldened to continue to carry on," she said.
Latest Stories
-
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
1 hour -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
2 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
2 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
3 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
3 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
4 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
4 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
4 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
5 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
6 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
7 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
7 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
7 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
8 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
9 hours