The British High Commissioner to Ghana, Harriet Thompson, is exploring the country, culture and customs. The Volta Region is one of the places she is visiting.
In some posts on Twitter, the commissioner shared pictures from various activities she had engaged in.
Ndi nami! So delighted to be visiting the beautiful Volta Region with some of the @UKinGhana Team this week; I’m hoping to visit every region during my time in Ghana.— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 5, 2022
Keep watching my channel for more updates from my visit and if you see me whilst I’m here, come and say hi! 🇬🇭🇬🇧 pic.twitter.com/xUnz6yhyES
First stop and an absolute must, I tried some of the famous abolo in Atimpoku and it was completely delicious! Looking forward to bringing my family back to try some too. 😋 pic.twitter.com/oWZp3fihRN— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 5, 2022
One of them was a cooking lesson delivered by the Member of Parliament for Ketu South Dzifa Gomashie.
Miss Thompson was taught how to cook one of the Ewe’s beloved dishes, ‘akple’. She shared a picture of herself and Dzifa Gomashi in the kitchen.
“Just had my very first Ghanaian cooking lesson! I made akple with Honourable Dzifa Gomashie, MP for Ketu South – I learned it’s all in the stirring! We then sat down with Queen Mothers to eat and talk about the issues facing the local community and how we tackle these together,” she wrote.
Just had my very first Ghanaian cooking lesson! I made akple with Honourable Dzifa Gomashie, MP for Ketu South – I learned it’s all in the stirring!— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 6, 2022
We then sat down with Queen Mothers to eat and talk about the issues facing the local community and how we tackle these together. pic.twitter.com/Rj6QlTh1mY
Earlier today I met elders living in the Ketu South area; they’re lives, homes and families have been devastated by tidal ways. Really humbling to hear their firsthand experience of #climatechange. Through UK support to @UNICEF, this community is now rebuilding and recovering. pic.twitter.com/KK79BxTJhS— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 6, 2022
Among other things, she also visited the Ho Teaching Hospital and the Volta Star Textiles Factory.
Great to see #UKAid in action this morning at Ho Teaching Hospital.— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 6, 2022
I saw the 🇬🇧-backed equipment helping medical teams to identify anti-microbial resistant infections and the Gene Xpert machines used for #COVID testing and diagnosing TB. #partnership pic.twitter.com/D52s5XWvQ4
She also paid a courtesy call on Regional Minister Dr Archibald Letsa.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love #waxprint fabric – amazing to see how it’s made at the Volta Star Textiles factory today.— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 5, 2022
I’m proud of our partnership with 🇬🇭’s textile industry, through our JET programme we’re working to create jobs and drive investment across the sector. pic.twitter.com/K7JJiqoP5w
“We talked about our shared ambition for the Region and the importance we both place on providing quality education for all children,” she wrote.
Good for my team and I to sit down, talk and share a meal with the Volta’s Regional Minister Honourable Dr Archibald Letsa yesterday. We talked about our shared ambition for the Region and the importance we both place on providing quality education for all children. pic.twitter.com/vLnudRL4eS— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 6, 2022
I had to share this photo taken by one of my team! I’m back in Accra after a truly special visit to the Volta Region and I’ve still got a huge smile on my face. I have seen, heard and eaten; and I can’t wait to come back to the #Volta with my family. pic.twitter.com/oHWlCs8AfB— Harriet Thompson (@HCThompson001) July 6, 2022
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups