The National Youth Organiser of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) says he was given a paltry ¢2,000 for the 2020 elections.
Mr George Opare Addo said the amount was for the youth wing to use for its campaign activities.
Speaking in an interview on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen on Tuesday, Mr Opare Addo said he however was able to raise funds for the campaign.
According to him, his focus as the National Youth Organiser is not for personal gains but rather the collective good of the party.
The re-elected National Youth Organiser said he is not going to allow money to limit the contribution of the youth to the party in the poll.
Mr Opare Addo thanked former President John Mahama for his support to the youth.
“The whole elections (2020), the NDC gave me GHC2,000 for the youth wing to work for the party. But we were able to raise funds to do all our activities and I also thank former President John Mahama.
“He gave us ten cars and a number of motorbikes for the various constituencies,” he said.
Meanwhile, he added that the role of the youth in the 2020 poll cannot be discounted.
According to him, a lot of the social media work for the party were done by the youth despite the meagre amount given to them.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display