While the IEA presidential debate among the four political parties with representation in parliament – NDC, NPP, CPP and the CPP – was going on in Tamale, social media platforms such as Facebook was inundated with comments on the historic event.
Several known personalities including Gabby Otchere-Darko, Executive Director of the Danquah Institute, Edward Omane Boamah, Deputy Sports Minister, and Komla Dumor of the BBC had their take on the debate.
Below are some of the submissions:
Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko (Danquah Institute):
“Abu Sakara has hit the free education nail right on John Mahama’s head. He says he enjoyed free education on 3 levels and he believes most of his colleagues here today would not be standing here without free education.”
“Mr President you say making the Vice President, Chairman of the National Development Plan Commission will politicise it. So who is P V Obeng? And what is on his political CV? And why did you say in your ’08 manifesto that the President would chair the Commission? You were right about the confusion, but in who’s mind?”
Edward Omane Boamah (Mahama’s Deputy Campaign Coordinator):
Maternal mortality is reducing, under five mortality is reducing, neonatal mortality is reducing. Incidence of guineaworm has dropped from 510 in 2008 to 0 in 2011. Hear hear. Idey be k3k3
James Kofi Afedo (NDC Communication team):
If this Q&A will be won based on Big English, WILD ALLEGATIONS and SPURIOUS FIGURES…..then NANA ADDO will be on top.
Some radio stations are still doing damage control for Akufo Addo. Imani officer in studio helping perpetuate that agenda. Kofi Bentsil of IMANI says Nana Addo is inspiring him tonight with a lot of substance. We leave that to your judgement.
Komla Dumor (BBC):
Listening to the Ghana presidential debate-good for the country’s democracy.I’m sure each side will say their man won. PNC candidate Ayariga ..
Akwasi Sarpong (BBC):
Are you an avoidable or absorbable graduate? Are you prepared to grow cassava in Bawku? You know who to send your applications to. #Ayariga
Stan Xoese Dogbe (Presidential Staffer):
Nana Addo’s approach to job creation…
1. Employ youth to pave the country… Youth in pavement works.
2. Employ youth to build roads.
Did Nana Addo hear the health question? What are the 3 challenges and how’ll u solve them?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’, Newmont Ghana crowned ‘Best Organisation in HR Practice’
The old generation was very strong though this generation has some talent – Milovan Rajevac
Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
Fuel price increases: Akufo-Addo, Bawumia callous about plight of Ghanaians – Sammy Gyamfi