Award-winning rapper, Nicki Minaj, has cautioned musicians especially up and coming artistes against copying every trend they come across.
According to her, musicians lose their identity over the years when they jump on all trends that spring up in the industry.
“I don’t think people realize that if you jump on every trend, you become faceless,” Minaj said in a yet to air interview with Joe Budden.
She said that there are possibilities where these trends were not the ultimate goal of artistes who start them especially since they have the tendencies to define their future in the industry.
They are only being influenced by their management, she added.
“You know once anybody has success with anything, it seems like everybody just jumps on that sound, even if they may not have even liked it, it might be people behind them telling them to do it,” Nicky Minaj said.
She explained that it is important for artistes to stay true to themselves. their craft and carve an identity for themselves.
“Once you do that, and once you do it a couple of times, who then are you, We’ve now forgotten who you are. I don’t think people realise that if you jump on every trend, you become faceless.”
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Edinam Djaton scribes: Let’s try operation feed yourself!
- 10 non-sexual ways to save your relationship from dying out
- King Faisal’s dismissed protest: Fear of God stopped me from attacking GFA DC with gun – Grusah
- Why people choose mismatched partners and 4 ways to make it work for you
- Matthew Opoku Prempeh didn’t celebrate his birthday in Monaco; ignore ‘unintelligent postulations’ – Spokesperson
- Don’t be pressured by political atmosphere to produce substandard work – Roads Minister tells Assin North contractors
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Chamber of Mines CEO reiterates call for security deployment to legal mining sites
- Empress Gifty’s emotional story of when she was a maid
- Help us to extricate our young people from underemployment trap – Mahama to Korea
- Yinson Production West Africa launches Yinson Girls’ Education Programme
- NPP flagbearership race: Alan to pick up nomination forms today
- Hit two million tourism arrivals by 2025 – Akufo-Addo tasks Ministry
- Woman who accused Biden of sexual assault seeks Russian citizenship
- Over 7.4 million unregistered SIM cards to be deactivated tonight