Ghanaian stand-up comedian, Derick Kobina Bonney, popularly known as DKB Ghana, has displayed his support for the leader of the Economic Fighters League, Ernesto Yeboah.
DKB Ghana occasionally uses his art to speak out against the ruling elite’s inequality and injustice perpetrated on the general citizenry.
His consistent joggle with the system got one Twitter user to question which side of the political divide he belonged to because, according to the user, DKB Ghana sounds like he is “not for NPP or NDC.”
He replied to the user, saying, “Yes! I’m a nationalist! Just like my warrior @ernestoyeboah1.”
Ernesto has become the face of activism, primarily using civil disobedience to champion economic emancipation for all Ghanaians and Africans since his school days.
Despite his several arrests for staging demonstrations in protest against gross misconduct and insensitivity to the plight of the people by governments and government officials, Ernesto Yeboah has been consistent.
Today, the Economic Fighters League, which he leads, is the fore campaigner for a new constitution for Ghana.
Still unsatisfied with DKB’s response and open love and support for the radical Nkrumahist leader, the user, with a sense of doubt, continued to ask, “Where do you belong and what do you want,” to which DKB Ghana succinctly replied, “I belong to Ghana, you people have been so corrupted to think it’s about factions.”
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black