Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC) Jean Mensa has rejected claims that the challenges associated with the just-ended voters’ register exhibition exercise would affect the integrity of the elections.
NDC flagbearer John Mahama served notice that the party would not accept the outcome of a flawed election. His comment was premised on the anomalies which characterised the exhibition exercise such as missing names, duplication of ID numbers among others.
But Madam Jean Mensah at a Press conference indicated that the processes cannot be said to be flawed insisting the outcome of the elections would be credible
“The issues that were witnessed are not something that one should say it a flawed process, indeed that is why we have the registration exercise so that your attention is drawn to all these omissions.”
The exhibition has allowed us to correct the errors, the omissions and anomalies to strengthen the process,” she added.
According to her, the deficit of the new voters’ register is 0.0004% of the total register, hence the process cannot be flawed.
The Chairperson, however, blamed the challenges which characterized the exhibition exercise on human and administrative errors.
“There is nothing wrong with the system, the system has worked effectively, it has nothing to do with the IT infrastructure, if we had the system where the database could not process the data then you could say that, but here it was human beings who were supposed to take time to transport the data, some did and some didn’t.”
- Australian High Commissioner threatened me with visa restriction, arrest – Sam George
- Assin North: CID invites former MP, Joe Gyakye Quayson for interrogation
- Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
- Akufo-Addo appoints Sammi Awuku as Director General of NLA
- Haruna Iddrisu questions Kissi Agyebeng’s independence as Special Prosecutor
- My daughter Farida has no Facebook or Instagram account – Mahama
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, a manifestation of tyranny of the majority – Ex Amnesty International Country Director
- I want to be remembered as the one who encouraged others to be selfless – Kufuor
- LGBTQ+ sexualities, not a western import – Former Amnesty International Country Director
- Ghana deserves a national cathedral – Razak Opoku
Elmina fishermen to continue observing closed season as punishment for flouting directive – Hawa Koomson
Bryan Acheampong donates ¢500,000 worth of farm inputs to Abetifi constituency
Find ways to deal with landowners threatening to illegally sell developed state lands – Minister to Upper West Region Lands Commission
Repair works on Ashaiman bridge overpass to affect traffic flow on Tema motorway from August 1
2 motor riders crash to death, pillion in critical condition
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill to be laid before Parliament on August 2
NGO trains women in Northern, Upper East Regions in mobile money operation
It’s not a crime to use my looks to get ahead
Elmina fisherfolk apologise for rejecting food items from Fisheries Minister
Bawumia calls for greater unity, cooperation between Muslims and Christians for national development
Anti-LGBTQ Bill: Proposed jail term not up to 10 years – Sam George
MTN FA Cup: Berekum Chelsea aim to reach first ever final as they face AshGold in semis
CPC’s loss position worsens; records $8.4m loss in H1-2021
MTN FA Cup: Hearts seek to reach record final as they face Medeama in semis
UN Envoy makes controversial call for western world to make AU member of G20