Jordan Ayew rescued a point from the penalty spot to hand Premier League strugglers Aston Villa a share of the spoils at home to West Ham.
Another defeat looked on the cards for the home side when defender Aaron Cresswell lashed home a left-footed effort in first-half injury time.
But Mike Dean controversially awarded Villa a penalty with just over an hour gone and Ayew, who has been a rare shining light for Villa, levelled. It is the Ghanaian's fifth goal of the season, one shy of the six of his elder brother, Andre.
Both sides struggled to really create some momentum in the closing stages and the only real chance fell to Villa right-back Alan Hutton, whose effort was cleared by Hammers defender James Collins.
If Newcastle avoid defeat at home to Everton in the evening kickoff, Villa will remain 10 points from safety at the bottom, while West Ham, who have drawn five in a row and only scored two in that time, have fallen a place to ninth.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses
- GCB Bank vows to offer competitive and affordable credit to customers
- Residents of Asamang-Tamfoe protest attacks by Okyeman Environmental Task Force
- GGBL’s Johnnie Walker headlines 2022 Emy Awards
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan