The editor of the Junior Graphic newspaper, Doreen Hammond, has been crowned as the 2018 Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Journalist of the Year.
Aside from being the Best Journalist, she also won the Best Columnist Award of the Year at the event marking the 70th Anniversary of the Association which was held on Saturday.
The Graphic Communications Group Limited (GCGL) topped the awards with a total of 12 awards, while four JoyNews journalists emerged winners in various categories at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
Ms Hammond until her appointment as Editor of Junior Graphic was the Features Editor of the country’s oldest newspaper, Daily Graphic.
The excited journalist could not hide her joy as she was flanked by her family, colleagues and other well-wishers.
This year’s was on the theme, “Democracy, Freedom and Independence of the Media in Ghana” with Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia being the Special Guest of Honour.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Akufo-Addo opens talks with transport operators over plans to increase fares
Brian Dzansi: Why Ghana needs an Innovation and Startup Act
GIBA joins calls for independent inquiry on Citi FM journalists’ alleged assault
Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
Stop showing local feature films on TV – Filmmakers told
NCCE sensitizes security services on constitutional obligations
Kwabre East MP commends Muslim for peaceful co-existence
Evangelist slapped with ¢100K fine, 25 white fowls, eggs over comments against Nungua Traditional Council
Mere apology cannot save GJA President this time around – ASEPA
Lack of external support hinders progress of ODF interventions in Ashanti Region
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene