Kanye West created the Donda experience.
On Tuesday, West, 44, celebrated the release of his album Donda 2, following Donda, which was released in August.
The Donda 2 performance experience took place in Miami at the Loandepot Park with appearances from The Game, Migos, Jack Harlow, Da Baby, Alicia Keys, Playboi Carti and more artists featured on the latest project.
The “Eazy” rapper also brought out Marilyn Manson, despite previous backlash to the musician’s appearance at West’s DONDA listening party last year.
West’s performance also included a nod to estranged wife Kim Kardashian when he sampled a line from her Saturday Night Live monologue. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians alum, 41, made her hosting debut on the sketch comedy show in October.
At the beginning of the song “Sci-Fi,” Kardashian’s voice can be heard saying, “I married the best rapper of all time. Not only that, he is the richest Black man in America. A talented, legit genius who gave me four incredible kids.”
Another song featured a voiceover of Kamala Harris’ “We Did It Joe” viral moment following the 2020 election.
The entire stadium was pitch-black throughout the performance, except for a burning house — surrounded by water — in the centre of the stage to symbolize West’s childhood home in Chicago.
Attendees at the event included Elon Musk, French Montana and Rick Ross, among others.
Last week, West revealed that he would only be releasing the album on his Stem Player.
He shared the news on Instagram, posting alongside a song snippet that “Donda 2 will only be available on my own platform, the Stem Player. Not on Apple Amazon Spotify or YouTube.”
“Today artists get just 12% of the money the industry makes,” he claimed. “It’s time to free music from this oppressive system. It’s time to take control and build our own. Go to stemplayer.com now to order.”
The $200 device “ships with Donda” and allows the user to “customize any song,” according to the website.
“You can download new music from stemplayer.com. You can play 4 different elements of the track: vocals, drums, bass and music. It also has a MP3 player available,” West wrote in another post.
In a follow-up post, West shared what appeared to be the album’s tracklisting, while in another, he urged his followers to “go to stemplayer.com to be a part of the revolution.”
The rapper first announced he would drop the album in January, by posting a photo of a burning house with the date Feb. 22, 2022, emblazoned over.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- We will work day, night to clear backlog of passports – Foreign Affairs Minister
- Falling in love is easy — Staying in love is a choice
- Why love is messy but beautiful at the same time
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- Uganda needs GridCo’s expertise in reliable power transmission – UETCL
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- What sounds are hot with Ghanaian Gen Zs right now?
- SSNIT launches Mobile Service Week at Ho
- Anny Osabutey: BHM Construction and Ningo-Prampram’s monstrous traffic
- Erik Ten Hag explains why he left Ronaldo on the bench in derby defeat
- Injured Baba Rahman to return before Ghana – Switzerland pre-World Cup friendly
- 100 Ukraine student returnees placed in medical schools in Ghana – Dr Nsiah Asare
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Patricia Obo-Nai Wins Best CEO of the Year at Africa Telecom Innovations and Excellence Awards