She also dropped West from her Twitter handle following the court’s decision.
Kim’s petition to be declared legally single amid her divorce proceedings with Kanye “Ye” West was granted Tuesday. While the ruling means that Kim will legally be dropping West from her last name, it does not mean her divorce is final.
This ruling simply means her marital status is single while she continues to work out a divorce settlement with Kanye. The judge made the ruling Wednesday morning in court, and the 41-year-old reality TV star also gave a short testimony via Zoom.
The mogul and mother of four wore minimal makeup and her demeanour was professional and poised as she answered the judge’s lighthearted questions before he dove into specifics about the long, drawn-out divorce case.
Judge Steve Cochran said there was special interest in the children — North, 8, Saint, 6, Chicago, 4, and Psalm, 2 — and asked Kardashian how they were doing. “Everyone is doing OK,” she responded. Cochran also asked Kardashian if she’s showering them with affection, to which she responded, “Absolutely.”
The judge relayed to Kardashian that they’ve made a lot of progress and that West’s counsel and her counsel have been cooperative. He said they are straightening out the paperwork and rolling with it fast like “a European train.”
The judge asked, among other things, if she had problems and disputes with West that led to the dissolution of the marriage. She answered, “Yes.” The judge also asked whether time and counseling would save the marriage. Kim answered, “No.” She was also asked if it is her desire for the courts to grant her legally single. Kardashian responded, “Yes.”
Kardashian’s maiden name was then restored without opposition.
The court’s decision comes a day after ET learned that Kanye has changed divorce lawyers. Christopher C. Melcher is no longer representing the rapper and Samantha Spector has been hired. In a statement to ET, Kanye said, “I’ve asked my team to expedite the dissolution of my marriage to Kim so I can put my entire attention to our beautiful children.”
Kim, who filed for divorce from Kanye in February 2021 after six years of marriage, had been adamant that being declared legally single “will help Kanye to accept that our marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist us in peacefully co-parenting our children.”
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Debt restructuring process with IMF not concluded – Finance Minister
- 2022 World Cup: 70 per cent of current Ghana squad will be in Qatar – Otto Addo
- Apple removes Russia’s largest social network from the App Store
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Shakira to stand trial in Spain for tax evasion
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- Absa Bank deepens support to Startups and SMEs with ‘YouStart’ partnership
- Playback: Ofori-Atta speaks on Ghana-IMF negotiation
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will attract negative repercussions – BoG
- ‘You played a tremendous role in Covid-19 fight’ – Akufo-Addo to churches
- London honours the African who fought British rule
- Ebola outbreak in DR Congo ends – WHO
- SIM card re-registration: BoG warns Mobile Money loan defaulters to clear debt
- Recording Academy CEO pledges support to Kwadaso Creative Arts SHS
- Nigeria destroys biggest seizure of cocaine worth $270m