Kim Kardashian is now legally single.
A Los Angeles judge granted the reality TV star and businesswoman’s request to change her marital status on Wednesday, according to a source close to Kardashian.
The news was first reported by TMZ. This comes after she filed the request three months ago.
Kardashian first filed her request to be declared legally single nearly three months ago. Her estranged husband, Kanye West, opposed the request.
The former couple have been in a contentious divorce battle for one year. Together they have four children and were married for seven years.
In divorce documents obtained by CNN last week, Kardashian stated, “I very much desire to be divorced. I have asked Kanye to keep our divorce private, but he has not done so.”
“Kanye has been putting a lot of misinformation regarding our private family matters and co-parenting on social media which has created emotional distress.”
Kardashian’s court filing continued, “I believe that the Court terminating our marital status will help Kanye to accept that our marital relationship is over and to move forward on a better path which will assist us in peacefully co-parenting our children.”
Kardashian has been dating “SNL” star Pete Davidson in recent months, while West has been newly linked to influencer Chaney Jones.
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police took my phones – NDC Dep. National Youth Organiser
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Shatta Wale pleads guilty to publication of false news
‘All is set for Appiatse community reconstruction to begin’ – Lands Minister
We’re not diverting Appiatse reconstruction fund to National Cathedral – Jinapor
SSNIT to roll out programmes to boost pension contribution
‘Samuel Boadu is one of the best in Africa’ – Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi
Tampico partner Chopbox Online to offer breakfast to over 3,000 SHS students
TUC heightens demand for Cost of Living Allowance
Danny Jordaan re-elected as South Africa FA boss
LPG consumption to fall 20% by December 2022 – LPG Marketers Association
Players need a good environment to adapt – Mas-Ud Didi Dramani on player transition
Police commend Arise Ghana protestors, public and officers
Reserves depletion: Ghana needs IMF support; Fund doesn’t impose restrictions – US Associate Prof.
Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
Masterclass: young entrepreneurs urged to build resilience in business
Seed suppliers decry ₵205m debt owed them under ‘Planting for Food and Jobs’ programme
Volta Division 2 Middle League: Vora SC secures vital 3 points