Member of Parliament (MP) for the Ahanta West constituency, Kojo Kum has stated that the hard work and proactive measures put in place by the campaign team in the constituency will give the New Patriotic Party (NPP) a resounding victory in the December polls.
He recounted that in the 2016 elections, President Akufo-Addo won by 69 percent, but in this year’s elections, the electorates in the constituency will vote in favour of the NPP by garnering not less than 70 percent votes in the constituency for the party.
Addressing a rally at the Agona-Nkwanta, he indicated that the constituency had been faithful to the NPP since 1996 and that would not change in the 2020 elections.
Mr Kum touted the infrastructural investments of the NPP government in the constituency and added that plans were far advanced to begin the Regional hospital and other tertiary projects sited in the constituency.
He noted that every successive government carried out infrastructural developments, but the Afufo-Addo government introduced social intervention policies that were benefitting all the Ghanaian populace.
Among the interventions are the Free SHS Policy, payment of backlog arrears with the National Health Insurance (NHIS), free provision of water, free electricity for lifeline users and 50 per cent waiver for users beyond the lifeline, tax waivers and NABCO among others.
Against this background, he called on party faithful and all sympathizers to go out in their numbers on Monday, December 7, and vote for the party to secure a landslide victory.
Mr Kum who is affectionately called “Lawyer Fantastic,” said about 1,494 graduates benefitted from the Free SHS Policy with about 1,792 second-year students benefiting from the policy in the constituency.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023