Audio By Carbonatix
Asante Kotoko are crying foul over the decision by the Ghana FA’s Disciplinary Committee to uphold the protest of Hearts of Oak against them over the eligibility of striker Obed Owusu in their Week 25 Premier League fixture.
Reacting to decision, Kotoko's Greater Accra Regional rep, Edmund Ackah, claims the ruling was made on Thursday before being released on Tuesday.
According to Ackah, the PRO of Hearts of Oak, Opare Addo had hinted that the Accra club had already been handed a favourable verdict.
“We totally reject the ruling because it has no basis whatsoever. We will go to every length to challenge it and insist that the right is done," Ackah said.
Hearts complaint said that Obed Owusu's ineligibility stemmed from attracting four yellow cards in the following matches: Aduana vs Kotoko on match day 1, Ashgold vs Kotoko on match day 7, Kotoko vs Aduana in the FA Cup and Kotoko vs Ashgold on match day 24. This, the Phobians argued, made the player ineligible to feature against them on match day 25.
"I can officially say that Kotoko is putting up all the documents needed for them to appeal against the decision made by Ethics Committee at the court."
“Approach Opare Addo and ask him if a radio presenter did call him on Thursday for him to say the points have been given to Hearts and that they are only waiting for the DC to write to them to that effect."
"Ask Opare who told him that. We are aware that someone called him and he said somebody from the Ethics Committee had told him. So who told him?” Ackah fumed with rage on Asempa FM on Wednesday.
“Officially we are not happy of this ruling made by the Disciplinary Committee. Kumasi Asante Kotoko still have the right to file an appeal against the ruling made by the Disciplinary Committee of GFA."
Kotoko were, as a result of the ruling, six points poorer.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Latest Stories
-
World Cup reality check: Mexico outclass Ghana with 2-0 win in Puebla friendly
42 minutes -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
1 hour -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
2 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
2 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
4 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
4 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
5 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
5 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
6 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
6 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
7 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
7 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
7 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
7 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
7 hours