Audio By Carbonatix
Two Liverpool fans have been stabbed in Naples ahead of the Europa League tie in the city.
Liverpool are due to play Napoli at the team's San Paolo stadium on Thursday evening.
Merseyside Police said a total of six Liverpool fans were assaulted in the Italian city on Wednesday night.
Two men, aged 27 and 53, were taken to hospital with stab wounds. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, a police spokesman said.
The BBC's correspondent in Rome, Duncan Kennedy, said doctors had told him the 53-year-old, Alexander Phillips, was due to be released later.
Three arrests
The Foreign Office said he was from Liverpool.
The 27-year-old man, who has asked not to be named, is expected to remain in hospital for observation.
It is understood 10 Italian youths with sticks and at least one knife were involved in the attack.
There are also reports of a family of four being injured. It is not clear whether they are included in the group of six fans Merseyside Police have been made aware of.
Naples police said three people had been arrested over that incident.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
15 minutes -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
1 hour -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
2 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
2 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
3 hours -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
3 hours -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
4 hours -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
4 hours -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
4 hours -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
5 hours -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
5 hours -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
5 hours -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
5 hours -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
5 hours -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
5 hours