The Kwesimintsim Police have arrested a 34-year-old man, from Mpohor in the Western Region, for allegedly attempting to murder his 35-year-old wife.
The suspect, Eric Asare, had waylaid his wife, Mary Andoh, in a kitchen, ready to strike but her alertness averted what would have been a bloody incident.
Narrating the story to the Ghanaian Times on Tuesday, the Western Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Chief Inspector Olivia Adiku, said in the last 10 months, Eric had become violent as a result of excessive drinking and, thus, his wife decided to sleep in the kitchen.
Last week, Chief Inspector Adiku said Eric threatened to teach his wife a lesson.
At about lO:00pm on Wednesday, April 13, Mary heard an unusual noise in the kitchen and when she opened the door to find out what was happening, Eric pounced on her and attempted to slash her with a machete.
Mary mustered enough courage and parried the attack while shouting for help. Neighbours quickly went to Mary’s aid, overpowered the suspect and retrieved the weapon from him.
The suspect was arraigned before court yesterday and remanded in police custody Rending further investigations.
Source: The Ghanaian Times/Ghana
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- Sim card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons throng service centres to secure cards
- How changes in the small-scale mining sector are impacting the environment
- Deputy Finance Minister pleads with Pensioner Bondholders to suspend picketing
- Joy Clean Ghana: Two arrested for breaching sanitation by-laws
- Domelevo’s forced leave: You didn’t listen to good counsel – Prof Gyampo tells Akufo-Addo