A 31-year-old man, Ebenezer Atta Amoh, met his death after his building collapsed on him while asleep.
The victim sustained severe injuries when part of the building fell on him in the room at Bibiani while asleep.
Assemblyman of the area, Zakari Mubarak, told Adom News that the victim spent quite some time under the rubble before he was noticed.
He added that the victim’s father, who was rescued initially, suddenly went dumb and could not reveal his son was still trapped.
However, one of the rescuers spotted Mr Amoh beneath the rubble and the team rushed to his aid.
He was quickly pulled out and transported to the Bibiani Government Hospital. He was, however, pronounced dead on arrival by medics.
The body has been deposited at Bibiani mortuary for further investigations.
Sources say the victim had been bedridden, and due to the incessant rains, the foundation of the building weakened.
Meanwhile, Mr Mubarak has urged the residents to adapt to the practice of periodically renovating their buildings to avoid unforeseen calamities.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- There is nothing wrong with exploiting natural resources, depletion is the problem – Dr Krugu
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG undertakes massive disconnection exercise to recover GH₵5.7 bn debt
- I’ll win VGMA Best Rap Performance award again – Lyrical Joe
- Gas-filled tanker removed from Duampompo on Accra-Kumasi highway after JoyNews report
- Rave reviews greet Nana Fynn’s book “My Home, My Hell: Should I stay or should I go?”
- Residents of Krofrom benefit from free health screening
- Six takeaways from Chris Hughton’s presser at unveiling ceremony in Kumasi
- Playback: NDC delivered ‘True State of the Nation Address’
- NDC flagbearership: Duffuor to file nomination on March 23
- Take advantage of technology to grow your business – Stanbic Digital Banking Head
- Vodafone Cash leads charge for digital financial inclusion in Ghana
- Republic Bank Ghana is not related to First Republic Bank in U.S
- Around 44% of population in African regions suffer from oral diseases – WHO
- Sister Derby was surprised when I reached out for a collaboration – Medikal