A 28-year-old man has been lynched at Adiembra in the Adansi Asokwa District of the Ashanti region over the alleged kidnapping of two children.
A relative Eric Addo said Isaac Bans who was a welder and a calm person was playing with some children when he was attacked on Saturday.
Narrating the sequence of events, Adom News’ Isaac K. Normanyo said the mother of the children accused the deceased of being a thief when she saw him with her children.
People in the neighbourhood upon hearing this loud cry started assaulting him.
According to Mr Normanyo, the attackers used blades and other shard objects to assault the deceased.
He said Isaac Bans was subsequently dragged to a nearby mechanic shop where his attackers poured dirty oil into his nose until he was unconscious.
Meanwhile, the police have since arrested 10 people including the leader of the group, Solonko, and a woman.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana confronts major challenges in energy sector, proposes reforms in IMF Programme
- Ghana Immigration Service promotes 4 officers involved in Bawku rescue mission
- Philadelphia Eagles support Imhotep to launch stem water project in Ghana
- Ghana expected to reach moderate risk of debt distress by 2028 – IMF
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- South Africa clears way for Putin’s visit in immunity notice
- Frank Acheampong’s goal and assists inspire Shenzen to comeback win
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer reaches verbal agreement to sign for Augsburg – Report
- About 2.4 million Ghanaians are living with diabetes
- Man prises crocodile’s jaws off his head at Australian resort
- BoG needs to pay equal attention to non-bank financial institutions as it does banks – Dr. Anane-Antwi
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun