A Deputy Minister of Information, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa has said President Mills would have been humiliated if he had been present at the commemoration of the June 4 uprising in Kumasi on Saturday.
According to him, from what transpired at the Jubilee Grounds on Saturday, including the former President’s bashing of Prof Mills’ administration as well the turning of the ceremony into a campaign platform for Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings, President Mills made the right decision to absent himself from the annual June 4 celebration.
Mr. Okudzeto Ablakwa says his absence notwithstanding, President Mills still upholds the ideologies of June 4.
The Deputy Minister told Adom News on Monday, June 6 that the ideals of June 4; probity, accountability and transparency were unfortunately not highlighted in the celebration but the occasion was rather used to campaign for flag bearer aspirant of the NDC, Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings.
He said the constitution of the National Democratic Congress mandates any member to celebrate the day but if the Rawlingses are going to use it as one of their campaign platforms, then they have unfortunately fallen short of understanding the true meaning of the day.
He says June 4 is bigger than Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings and her husband for them to use it as a tool to undermine the reputation of other party members.
Commenting on the allegations of corruption leveled against the government, Okudzeto Ablakwa said it would be in the interest of the nation if Mr. Rawlings comes out with evidence to support the allegations he made against some top government officials.
He reiterated that without clear evidence it will be difficult for the government or any individuals to take action against those names he mentioned as being corrupt.
Story: Samuel Mantey/Adom News/Ghana
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Mahama’s administration completed 46 E-blocks, not 29 – NDC
- Indonesia: Fans ‘died in the arms’ of players in stadium crush
- Ghana re-elected to ITU Council
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Patapaa has a talent of making hit songs; he is unique – Flowking Stone
- Block all revenue leakages – Finance Ministry to NLA
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- Brazil’s Lula and Bolsonaro face run-off after surprisingly tight result￼
- Vodafone Ghana to reward customers in 2022 Care Month Celebration
- Nigeria beat hosts Ghana to win MEA Rugby League Championship
- Vodafone partners with Onix to provide world-class data centre services to businesses
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- aYo insurance introduces annual cover on Recharge with Care
- T-bills oversubscribed by 1.15% after undersubscription a week before
- GFA set to launch Talent Identification program on Wednesday