Audio By Carbonatix
The Moroccan Academy of Diplomatic Studies has offered to enrol interested Ghanaian applicants to undertake free diplomatic programmes in the Institution.
This is as part of ways to deepen bilateral relations between both countries.
The Director of the Academy, Mohammed Hicham Bensoltane, made the offer during an interaction with some Ghanaian journalists currently in the North African country to explore tourism development.
He says the available training programmes are open to all aspiring and existing diplomats who wish to enhance their skillset in diplomacy or discover different areas of interest.
Mr Bensoltane indicated that the Academy currently runs on two-week short programmes and hosts 200 students.
“The Academy, which was established in 2011, has so far trained over 600 diplomats from many countries around the world who are working in the diplomatic circle. In addition, we have been hosting secretaries of foreign affairs, diplomats and consular officials as students.”
“We have professors from top-notch universities, former ambassadors, experts in foreign affairs and diplomatic missions who are teaching and managing the Academy,” he told JoyNews in an interview.
Explaining the modus operandi of the Institution, Mohammed Hicham Bensoltane underscored that the calibre of tutors handling the various courses on diplomatic information management is well-resourced to contribute to the personal development and diplomatic skills required to manage missions and offer consular services.
Common academic work languages include English, French, Spanish, and Arabic.
The Moroccan Academy for Diplomatic Studies is one of the functioning departments operating under the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Kingdom of Morocco. It also receives financial support from the King.
The visit by the Ghanaian journalists in Morocco was facilitated by the Journalists for Tourism Advocacy (JTA) as part of plans to develop a working partnership with the country’s Embassy in Ghana.
Executive Director of JTA, Zambaga Rufai Saminu, says the initiative also seeks to provide effective social platforms and media coverage to tourism development in Morocco and Ghana.
They are expected to return on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
Latest Stories
-
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
8 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
17 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
23 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
24 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
3 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
3 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
3 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
4 hours