The Multimedia Group Limited has won the Insurance Media House of the year 2019 at the maiden edition of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (CIIG) awards.
The Multimedia Group was awarded for its endless efforts in educating the general public on the importance of insurance.
Receiving the award on behalf of the organisation, Head of Joy Business, Odelia Ntiamoah noted that the Multimedia Group’s consistency in reporting and educating the public on insurance-related issues gave the organisation the recognition.
“We’ve also dedicated a couple of times on our airwaves by giving the insurance companies the opportunity to educate the public when it comes to insurance-related issues.
“We’ve been very consistent on the recapitalisation of the insurance industry and we look forward to how the recapitalization will shape the industry”, she said.
She observed that insurance penetration has also been less than 5 percent and hopes through several forms of education by the Multimedia Group people will patronise products . “So I think overall, we’ve done some good education when it comes to insurance.”
Odelia Ntiamoah used the opportunity to invite insurance companies to join the Multimedia “since we are the largest in the country and the most credible” to further deepen the insurance penetration in the country.
“We will like to say that our doors are opened for business and we are happy to help the insurance industry reach more people”, she emphasised.
The chairperson of the CIIG committee, Lydia Lariba Bawa in her welcome address noted that the insurance industry for some time now “had been yearning for a credible award scheme.”
She said, “the CIIG umbrella body of all the insurance professionals in the industry, under the able leadership of the outgoing president, Rev Asante Marfo-Ahenkora, thought it wise to institute a credible scheme to fill this gap.”
The chairperson encouraged all in the insurance industry to put in their best to regain the public’s trust in insurance companies, adding, the event will be an annual programme.
The event was supported by the Ghana Insurers Association, the Insurance Brokers Association of Ghana, the Ghana Insurance College and the Chartered Insurance Ladies Association of Ghana.
At the end of the event, five individuals were recognised for the professionalism exhibited in their fields of operations.
The event which was held at the Labadi Beach Hotel in Accra, was with the sole purpose of promoting excellence in insurance professionals by celebrating best practices in Ghana’s insurance industry.
Nominees for the individual awards had at least five years working experience and were assessed based on their professional conduct, leadership skills, contribution to the industry, and more importantly, the field they entered to be awarded.
Below is the list of awards at the event :
Individual Awards 2019
• Claims professional of the year – Iris Jacqueline Odarkor Logan
• Professional underwriter of the year – Nana Serwaa Abrahams
• Risk management professional of the year – Tackie Abdul-Salaam
• Young insurance professional of the year – Isaac Kwakwa Sarpong
• Insurance professional of the year – Yaw Adom-Boateng
Company awards 2019
• The life insurance company of the year – Enterprise Life Insurance Limited
• The general insurance company of the year – Enterprise Insurance Company limited
• Insurance broker of the year, General Business – KEK Reinsurance Broker (Africa) limited
• Insurance broker of the year, Life – KEK Reinsurance Broker (Africa) Limited
• Reinsurance company of the year 2019 –
• Reinsurance broker of the year – KEK Reinsurance Broker (Africa)…