Audio By Carbonatix
Flagbearer of the National Democratic Party (NDC), John Mahama has revealed that his running mate is a victim of the anomalies in the just-released provisional register.
The development adds to the tall list of irregularities that the NDC cite to be plaguing the newly compiled electoral roll.
He made these comments at a press conference in Accra on Thursday, September 24, 2020.
According to him, this validates their concerns raised during the compilation of the voters' register which he accuses the Electoral Commission turned a blind eye to.
"This matter is of grave concern and at the heart of the credibility of the upcoming December 7 elections and threatens our democracy," he said.
Addressing the press Thursday, he explained that Prof Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang, upon her visit to her voters' register exhibition centre in the Central Region, realised that her identification number had been duplicated in the album.
According to him, Prof Opoku-Agyemang following the incident had to "send her card to the district office to go and sort it out. So she had to drive from Komenda to Elmina where the district office of the EC is. At Elmina, they took the old card, destroyed it and replaced it with a new one," Mr Mahama narrated.
Former President Mahama is of the view that this error is widespread and not limited to Komenda-Edina-Eguafo-Abrem where his running mate is a constituent.
He said the status of others affected applicants may not afford them the luxury to visit the district offices of the Commission for rectification which may subsequently result in disenfranchisement.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
47 seconds -
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
2 hours -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
2 hours -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
2 hours -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
3 hours -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
3 hours -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
3 hours -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
3 hours -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
3 hours -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
3 hours -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
3 hours -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
4 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
5 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
5 hours -
GN Savings and Loans: Ndoum thanks Mahama after Court of Appeal victory
5 hours