The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) has announced Lora Dennis, executive vice president of Digital Media for NBCUniversal Local, as the recipient of the 2023 Digital Leadership Award.
She will receive the award at the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame Ceremony, held on the Main Stage of the 2023 NAB Show on April 17 at 1 p.m.
Created in 2015, the Digital Leadership Award honours an individual at a broadcast station, group or network who has had a significant role in transforming a traditional broadcast business to succeed on digital media platforms in a measurable way.
Dennis leads the editorial, design and product development strategy, audience development, marketing coordination and business operations for all NBCUniversal station and local networks’ websites, mobile apps, social media and distributed platforms.
Additionally, she oversees the division’s multiplatform news team that supports the company’s broadcast TV stations, regional sports networks and New England Cable News (NECN) network.
Since joining the division in 2012, she has helped the group grow its digital footprint to 17 platforms, more than quadruple its audience, and recently launched new, best-in-class designs for desktop and mobile websites on a unified content management system for the nation’s only local English and Spanish language news product.
With more than 25 years of local news experience in her career, Dennis has been recognized with several journalism awards, including the Alfred I. duPont Silver Baton Award and The Alliance for Women in Media Gracie Award, and was a finalist for the Goldsmith Award for Investigative Reporting.
Dennis is a mentor/advisor for the Comcast NBCUniversal SportsTech Accelerator and a member of the NAB Digital Officer Committee.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- Surfline SIMs removed from Central SIM Database
- Jose Mourinho charged for using abusive language towards official at Europa League final
- Beneficiaries of StanChart Women in Technology programme share inspiring stories
- Benin petrol prices soar as Nigeria moves to end subsidy
- Funding for social intervention programmes could be cut if reforms are not implemented – World Bank Country Director
- Many Ghanaian girls have made sex cheap – Akuapem Poloo
- Bill Cosby faces new sexual assault lawsuit from former Playboy model
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Coronation of King Charles III: How UK in Ghana marked the event
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Referees’ body PGMOL condemns abuse directed at Europa League final referee
- Pensioner Bonds: Government promises to clear all 5 outstanding coupons immediately