There was confusion at the Cocoa Affairs Court Wednesday morning when a group of young men attempted to assault New Patriotic Party (NPP) radio commentator Nana Darkwa.
The group, who claimed to be supporters of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC), massed up on Nana Darkwa as he walked out of the circuit court where he is on trial for publishing false information with intent to cause fear and panic among the public.
Nana Darkwa was arrested and detained on February 18 for alleging that former President Jerry Rawlings torched his Ridge residence, which was reduced to ashes on Valentine’s Day.
His arrest and prosecution and subsequent remand for two weeks led to a boycott of parliamentary proceedings by the Minority in Parliament.
Members of the group, most of whom fumed with rage, said they were unhappy about the manner the NDC was pursuing the case.
One of them told Joy News’ Yaw Ansu Gyeabour that their presence at the court was to show the NPP that the NDC also has strong men.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
Kasoa Murder: Court orders police to ascertain suspect’s age
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
Court orders arrest of four for failing to appear before it
Kojo Adaah: Policy measures for sustainable job creation in Ghana
European Super League: All six Premier League teams withdraw from competition
Events Vendors Association executives call on Tourism Minister