The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has expressed its condolences to the Zakari family of the Northern Region for the death of Alhaji Sumani Zakari, the Northern Regional Chairman of the party.
Alhaji Sumani Zakari died at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra on Monday, November 8, 2010.
Until his death, Alhaji Zakari was NDC Northern Regional Chairman and according to a statement signed by Dr. Kwabena Adjei, NDC national chairman, he had the distinction of being the longest serving chairman of the party since its formation in 1992.
“Alhaji Zakari was an astute politician with excellent leadership and organizational skills. His untiring efforts; selfless dedication and onerous support for the Party were manifest in the successive political victories chalked by the NDC in the Northern Region since the return to constitutional rule in 1992.
“The late Alhaji Zakari was not only an ingenious political strategist but a great unifier whose sense of discipline, hard work and maturity helped to keep the great NDC together in the Northern Region.
“The NDC expresses its deepest grief for the loss of Alhaji Sumani Zakari. He will be sorely missed by the entire NDC family. While the NDC has lost a great member and patriot, our hearts go to the bereaved family with whom the entire Akatamansonian family gravely shares and mourns this monumental loss. May the great Allah grant him eternal resting peace.”
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Diversions of $100m oil money disconcerting; Finance Minister must repatriate funds urgently – Mahama
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- GWCL assures regular water supply despite flooding incidents
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Choosing Chelsea over United was ‘best decision of my life’ – Mikel Obi
- Neighbour rescues 13 Zambia women held for six months
- Mankessim murder: Court adjourns case to allow police more time to investigate
- Nima Dreams: ‘Inadequate pitches causing decline in football talents’ – Mohammed Polo
- How Dansoman influenced Akosua Adjepong’s career
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘It’s an inspiration to do more’ – Mohammed Kudus reacts to messages from Right to Dream
- We’ve paid ¢2.4bn to pensioners as of August 2022; never defaulted – SSNIT Boss
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Finance Ministry to continue IMF negotiations in U.S.A
- Government bags ¢8.11bn from T-Bills in September 2022
- Nigeria gunmen disguised as guards kill 12 people
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses