Audio By Carbonatix
Travis Scott is now facing only one lawsuit following the deadly Astroworld Festival last November. Nearly 400 lawsuits, which represent almost 2,800 alleged victims, that were filed individually are being unified under one case.
The Texas Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation granted a motion on January 26 for almost 400 lawsuits to be combined for a single judge, per Billboard.
In the suit, the plaintiffs are seeking billions in damages and alleging negligence in the planning and managing of the music festival.
It's also reported that the move was agreed upon by both sides. This process will allow a single judge to be "efficient" in pre-trial procedures and could make it easier to negotiate a single settlement to resolve all of the cases.
Previously, the House Oversight Committee announced that it would launch a bipartisan probe into what led to the deaths of 10 Astroworld attendees after sending Michael Rapino, CEO of Live Nation, a letter informing him of the investigation.
The entertainment company has since said it will cooperate with the said investigation.
"Concert attendees have provided firsthand accounts of being crushed within the crowd as it surged towards the stage," the said letter read. "Live Nation Entertainment (Live Nation) was the concert promoter reportedly responsible for 'planning, staffing, putting up money, securing permits, finding vendors, communicating with local agencies,' for Astroworld Festival."
The letter also referred to reports that "raise serious concerns" about whether the company "took adequate steps" to keep the crowd safe.
The note later mentioned that despite the fact that law enforcement began responding to a "mass casualty event" at 9:38 P.M., the concert didn't end until 10:10 P.M.
As for Travis, he insisted in his first interview with Charlamagne Tha God that he didn't hear any screams for help when the crowd surge began. "Anytime you can hear something like that, you want to stop the show, you want to make sure fans get the proper attention they need," so said the "Goosebumps" spitter.
"And anytime I could see anything like that, I did," Travis further explained. "I stopped it like a couple of times to just make sure everybody was okay. I really just go off of the fans' energy as a collective and I just didn't hear that."
A few days earlier, Travis issued his first legal response to the billions worth of lawsuits naming him as a defendant. In the filings, Kylie Jenner's baby daddy and his company "generally deny the allegations" made in the lawsuits.
Travis also "respectfully" requested that "the claims against these Defendants be dismissed with prejudice." The legal papers further stated, "And that these Defendants be granted such other and further relief, both at law and in equity, to which they are entitled."
Latest Stories
-
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
26 minutes -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
31 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
40 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
47 minutes -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
47 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
48 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
4 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
4 hours