Ghana was one of the main West African departure points for the transatlantic slave trade.
The government has launched a campaign to reach out to the descendants of those Africans who were forcibly removed from their homelands.
It has dubbed 2019 the "Year of Return".
Several hundred people have already put down roots in Ghana, many of them African-Americans.
The programme is prepared by Patrick Lovett and James Vasina.
More News Headlines
- AFRICOM, Ghana Armed Forces commence Africa Endeavor 2019
- Menzgold CEO's press conference in pictures
- Repent; accept Jesus Christ - Menzgold CEO tells detractors
- Climate change in Africa: Survey finds worsening agriculture conditions
- US government deports 40 Ghanaians
- EOCO knew my travel plans - Menzgold CEO
- Rate of police contract appointments worrying
- Commonwealth begins inaugural speaker series in Accra
- I do not seek political office – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Unfreeze our accounts – Embattled Menzgold boss begs
- Full speech: NAM 1 breaks silence after 9 months detention
- SHS students challenge Parliament's Education C’ttee Chair over 'free textbook' claim
- Update: Menzgold CEO ends presser; observes minute silence for departed clients
- Today at the newsstands
- Porous borders: Customs officials on high alert over suspected Ivorian rebels