Deputy Public Health Director, Dr Hillariouse Abewu has disclosed that the Northern Region currently has no active Covid-19 cases.
Speaking to Joy News, he said the area has not recorded any case for the past three weeks.
He said the Northern Region recorded 1085 cases from the beginning of the year to April.
According to him, the Region recorded a total of 569 in 2020 bringing the total figure to 1,654 recoveries.
Dr Abewu added that the Region has recorded 15 deaths this year compared to 14 for the whole of 2020.
Disclosing more Covid-19 data on the region, the Deputy Public Health Director said that 1,070 patients have recovered from the disease, while 555 people recovered in 2020 totaling 1625 recoveries.
He also confirmed that the region currently has no cases on admission as well as no active cases.
As of today, data on the Ghana Health Service website shows that 27 new cases have been recorded, moving the total active cases to 1298.
A total of 783 people have passed away from the disease, 91252 people have recovered and 93,333 cases of the diseases have been confirmed so far.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- MLGWUI encourages Bono returnees to become sustainable entrepreneurs after return home
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District
- Eastern Region: FDA steps up training for packaged water producers