The National Coordinator of Nasara Club, a wing of the governing New Patriotic Party, has congratulated the newly-sworn in Supreme Court Justice, Amadu Tanko for his historic ascension to the Apex court.
Abdul Aziz Haruna Futa in a congratulatory message said the exceptional achievement of Justice Tanko will inspire Muslim youth in the country.
“I am extremely happy by the achievements of Justice Tanko and I want to really congratulate him and thank Allah for what He has done for him.
“I am excited by the historic rise of Justice Tanko not because he is a fellow Muslim or a fellow Zongo ‘boy’. I am happy because of what his success will do to many young people in the Zongos and across the country,” he said.
He added, “His well-deserved elevation will inspire a lot of young people in the Zongo community. It will tell them that if you study hard and you remain committed, you can also make it up there.”
Since Ghana gained its independence from colonial administration in 1957, no Muslim has ever been nominated to serve on the Supreme Court.
Thus, making Justice Amadu Tanko, the first Muslim to be considered and sworn-in for the apex court of the country.
Abdul Aziz Futa also commended President Akufo-Addo for such a historic nomination.
“Justice Tanko’s nomination is well-deserved and I think President Akufo-Addo did so well by nominating Justice Tanko as the first Muslim to the Supreme Court.”
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer