A parliamentary aspirant of Effiduase-Asokore constituency, Kwame Adom-Appiah is currently on admission after being allegedly beaten by military officers.
His supporters to have besieged the Effiduase Government Hospital where the aspirant has been admitted at the Emergency Unit, Saturday.
Speaking to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, former MP of the constituency, Boakye Agyin said the aspirant is in a bad shape but is responding to treatment.
He also condemned the act.
“I feel sad that political thuggery, insolence, impudence, disrespect and disregard for authority law and order has succeeded after I left office.
“The people have swallowed all this ‘nonsense’ waiting for the opportunity to demonstrate their like or dislike for whatever,” he said.
Also arrested is an agent of a parliamentary aspirant in Effiduase-Asokore.
Atuanor, an agent for Mr Adom-Appiah is said to have engaged a delegate in a fistfight before the police-military team arrived to pick him up.
The suspect claimed the name of the delegate, who is the coordinator for Akwamu was not in the main album so he will not allow him to vote.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene
Citi FM petitions National Media Commission over assault on journalists
Millennial Street podcast takes on #FixTheCountry protests
I’ll deal with persons engaged in rosewood felling – Upper West Regional Minister
USAID promotes technology-based tracking system for criminal cases
Bono East Minister pledges completion of Kajaji SHS infrastructure
Chiefs involved in ‘galamsey’ to be sanctioned
Sunyani Municipal Hospital assures measures to improve health care following death of resident
UMB CEO celebrates Eid with customers in Tamale; donates items to Yaa-Naa’s
MTN donates to Chief Imam, 6000 families for Eid ul-Fitr
Ernest Ako (Former IGP)