The Minority in Parliament has accused the Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta of rewriting the Mid-year Budget statement after over 2-hour delay.
Government had advertised Thursday, July 23 at 10 am for Mr Ofori-Atta to present the statement to Members of Parliament.
However, as at 1 pm, the Finance Minister was still not in the chamber.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Joseph Opoku-Gakpo, Minority spokesperson on finance, Cassiel Ato Forson said the delay was because Ofori-Atta was rewriting his statement.
He said the Minister is changing the content of what was agreed upon in Cabinet after meeting with the NPP leadership in the House.
“You cannot do that,” the opposition legislator asserted.
He insisted that what the Minister will present in to the House is not going to be a budget review.
“It is going to be a new budget that would propel their election success,” Mr. Forson said.
Meanwhile, the Minister, according to JoyNews sources have asked to be excused for the delay so he can cross his ‘Ts’ and dot his ‘Is’
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Champions League final moved to Porto and 12,000 Chelsea and Manchester City fans can attend
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr