Executive committee members of the Okere and Akropong constituencies of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have pledged their support for Mr George Opare Addo, the president’s nominee as the District Chief Executive (DCE) for Akuapem North.
At a press conference held at Akropong on Thursday, Mr Willie Addo Brown, Akropong Constituency chairman of the NDC, said they would do everything possible to ensure that Mr Addo got the nod of the assembly.
Mr Brown said the claim by some people that Mr Opare Addo was not short listed for Accra for selection by the President was false adding that the nominee was among the three short listed candidates and intelligence report indicated that he was the best among them.
He said the claim that the nominee is young and has no wife and cannot therefore handle the district has no merit and must be treated with contempt.
Mr Brown also denied that the nominee was being sponsored by some New Patriotic Party (NPP) stalwarts.
He therefore urged all and sundry to support Mr Opare Addo to help move the district forward.
Mr Anthony Gyampoh, Eastern Regional Secretary of the NDC, appealed to party supporters to always use the appropriate channels to seek redress to any grievances they may have.
He said resorting to airing their grievances in the media or embarking on street demonstrations would do the party a lot of harm and urged all not to do anything to undermine the progress of the NDC.
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Worawora Government Hospital calls for more blood donors
Thousands of Covid vaccines expire in South Sudan
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC party was formed to give voice to the voiceless-Antwi Boasiako
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags
Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
Kwasi Korang: NPP leadership should be bold and stop the Bawumia camp from campaigning
Bawumia is a gem – Ama Busia