There is a heavy security presence on the University of Ghana campus as Old Vandals are gathering to protest against the University Management’s decision to eject continuing students from the Mensah Sarbah and Commonwealth halls.
The Old Vandals Association has converged on campus Tuesday morning to give solidarity with current students against what they call the victimisation of the students by the school’s management to eject them from the traditional halls.
A few days ago, the University Management issued a statement revoking the tenancy of continuing students from the two halls.
According to the decision, all continuing students of the Commonwealth Hall, an all-male hall of residence, and continuing male students of Mensah Sarbah Hall will not return to their halls nor to any of the traditional halls.
“They are to be randomly assigned to available rooms in any of the UGEL and private hostels,” the communique on December 14, said.
Aggrieved students say this is the latest attempt by the school’s Management to weaken student activism on the campus.
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- TiTi Owusu returns with new single, ‘Odo Ntia’
- GNAT donates canoe to Lawoshime and Wenyagor basic schools
- Obaapa Christy mourns with gospel singer who lost brother to alleged police brutality
- Akufo-Addo appoints Baffour-Awuah as Minister for Pensions
- Fantana mourns soulmate’s death
- We did not know Mac Iyalla was a gay activist – Nkusukum Traditional Council
- GSE grants ESLA, Daakye, 3 others extension to submit 2022 unaudited financial statements
- FBI search President Biden’s home in Delaware
- NDC chides Akufo-Addo’s government for mismanagement of Covid-19 funds
- Investor appetite for Ghana’s petroleum sector dips significantly – Alliance of CSOs
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Own your look with oraimo’s shaving products for the perfect shave
- Enough is enough – Sergio Manucho fumes at ungrateful musicians
- 4 suspects in Haiti president’s killing sent to US
- Francis Addai Nimoh formally declares intention to contest for NPP flagbearership race