The Akim Swedru Circuit Court in the Eastern Region has sentenced two palm wine tapers who defiled a 15-year old girl in turns, to a total of 18 years’ imprisonment.
Samson Osei, 20 and Augustine Nyarko, 22 pleaded guilty to the charge and Mr Kofi Akrowiah, the trial judge accordingly slapped each of them with a nine-year jail term in hard labour.
Prosecuting Police Chief Inspector Osei Kwadwo said the victim, who is an invalid lived with her grandmother at Akim Akroso, while the accused persons, also lived in the same town and that Nyarko is a cousin of the victim.
Chief Inspector Kwadwo stated that, on March 23 this year, Osei sent the girl to buy bread for him and when she returned, Osei asked her to send it to one Oppong’s room.
According to the Prosecutor, while in the room, Osei locked the door, pushed her onto the bed and forcibly defiled her.
He said immediately Osei left the room, Nyarko, who was waiting behind the door rushed into the room and took his turn.
Osei and Nyarko gave the girl 50 Ghana Pesewas and 20 Ghana Pesewas, respectively, and told the victim not to tell anyone about her ordeal, but she told her Grandmother, who reported the case to the Police.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Man found dead on farm at Damongo
Get rich mentality driving youth into illegal mining – Dr Frank Boateng
Owning a home; consider actual purchase and recurrent expenditure
Philanthropist drills mechanised borehole for Saabisi Primary School in Upper East
My legal experience earned me deputy ministerial slot – Egyapa Mercer
‘We won’t accept such stories’ – Family of murdered aeronautical engineer reacts to suspects account
Aeronautic engineer was shot 12 times in the neck and chest; Family rejects account of 3 suspects
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government