National Peace Council has given reasons a reconciliation meeting between the National Democratic Congress (NDC) that the Electoral Commission (EC) and the Council has stalled.
Earlier this week, the NDC’s Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia said on PM Express that the EC’s Chairperson, Jean Mensa is refusing to meet the Council to deliberate on issues during an Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) sitting.
However, the Council has defended the EC boss.
According to the Council’s President, Dr. Ernest Adu Gyamfi, talks of reconciliation between the EC and the party has delayed as a result of the unavailability of Jean Mensa.
In an interview with JoyNews, he disclosed that another meeting will be held as soon as the EC Chairperson is in the jurisdiction.
“Unfortunately, there have been a lot of problems with meeting the EC, she is currently out of the country so it’s been difficult getting her to talk that is why we are waiting.
“So as soon as she comes in, we will set up a meeting and then involve in the process,” the Council’s President explained.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Joy Learning facilitator Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Livestream: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region