Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta presented to parliament the Akufo-Addo government’s fourth Budget and Economic Policy in Parliament, Wednesday.
Present in parliament was not only the members of parliament but the former Finance Minister, Seth Terkper; Auditor-General, Daniel Domelevo; Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia and Senior Minister, Osafo-Marfo.
Also present were New Patriotic Party (NPP) sympathisers like Gabby Otchere Darko, members of the general public including school pupils who had gone there to witness parliament proceedings as well as the media.
People may have been at the parliament to hear what the country’s economy would be like in 2020 but some made a fashion statement out of it.
Mr Ofori-Atta was in his usual white attire and some others including the Vice-president were dressed in sharply pressed suits to suit the occasion.
Auditor-General Daniel Domelevo was in one of his colourful smocks
Majority leaders Osei Kyei Mensa Bonsu and Mrs Adwoa Safo led their team in African inspired outfit, the former in his agbada and the later in her beautiful peplum designed dress.
See more photos below:
Finance Minister Ofori-Atta
Governor of the central bank, Dr Ernest Yedu Addison
Chief of Staff, Frema Osei Opare
NDC’s vociferous Kofi Adam who is gunning for a seat in Parliament was there to listen to the Budget
Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia
Former Finance Minister, Seth Terkper
A section of the public gallery with pupils monitoring proceedings
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans
Virgil van Dijk rules himself out of Euro 2020
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 24
Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts