A Cape Coast High Court has annulled the 2020 Parliamentary elections in the Assin North Constituency.
The Court also ordered for fresh elections to be conducted in the constituency.
This comes after the nationality of the MP of Assin North, Gyaakye Quayson was challenged.
The case of the petitioner is that the MP, Joe Gyaakye Quayson, at the time of filing to contest the 2020 parliamentary elections, had not renounced his Canadian citizenship and thus held dual nationality.
Join the discussion on the way forward, on PM Express with Ayisha Ibrahim together with the following guests; National Communication Officer of NDC, Sammy Gyamfi, D&G Fellow in Public and Justice, CDD, Prof Kwaku Asare and Member of NPP Legal Committee, Gary Nimako Marfo.
- Bank worker arrested in connection with bank robbery in Accra – ACP Kwesi Ofori
- Police officer wakes up from 9 months coma to find he was sacked
- BOST has reduced trade liabilities from $624m to $39m – MD
- Police arrest one gang member connected with bank robberies in Accra
- Total Recall: Where is the $2bn Sinohydro money?
- Playback: The Law probes whether the police can punish suspects
- Ghana to receive over 18 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines – GHS reveals
- Man dies after building collapses on him while asleep
- Mrs Elizabeth Osafo-Takyi
- Reality Zone with Vicky Wireko: How safe is your food seasoning?
All you need to know about the $2bn Sinohydro deal
Mahama signs book of condolence for Ama Benyiwa Doe
Francis-Xavier Sosu named 2021 Timothy Bowles African Human Rights Leadership Award recipient
San Marino votes to legalise abortion in referendum
Fuel supply: UK suspends competition law to get petrol to forecourts
Total Recall: Where is the $2bn Sinohydro money?
German elections: Centre-left narrowly wins against Merkel’s party
Milovan Rajevac officially meets Mustapha Ussif in Accra
Earthquake with preliminary magnitude of 6.5 strikes Crete, Greece
The licensed sex predator (Part 1): Divorce, rape of suicidal woman
Takoradi woman to appear in court for allegedly faking pregnancy and kidnapping
Today’s front pages: Monday, September 27, 2021
Message from the Morning Man: The widow
Preview: Total Recall: Where is the $2bn Sinohydro money?
Mrs Elizabeth Osafo-Takyi