Audio By Carbonatix
Cash-squeezed police forces are selling off 'secondhand' pants and bras in a bid to boost their coffers.
Just weeks before forces expect to be hit by ÂŁ2.4bn budget cuts, many have taken to punting stolen and lost items.
They are sold on the Bumblebee police auction site if the rightful owners cannot be found within three months, reports the Daily Telegraph.
Among the items currently up for grabs include 10 pairs of knickers and bras from Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
Currently attracting a bid of just ÂŁ5.50 from someone calling themselves 'tara17', the ad for the items reads: "10x Items of Various Ladies Lingerie."
It says: "Most items tagged as new", but then adds: "There are a few marks on some items."
A disclaimer at the bottom of the ad reads: "These good being auctioned are second-hand, unless stated otherwise."
Earlier this week Sussex Police auctioned off a size 8 scarlet-striped Basque for ÂŁ5.50, Police Review magazine revealed.
Ken Dawes, boss of evidential property at Avon and Somerset Police, said: "Clothing might seem strange but it is relatively run of the mill for us.
"It is quite easy for shop lifters to grab so we get lots of small things like clothing, jewellery and perfume."
Source: orange news
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
3 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
3 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
3 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
3 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
3 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
3 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
3 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
3 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
4 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
4 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
4 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
4 hours